The Good Bookr - PSP Bible Reader
Download The Good Bookr version 1.2.1
Download The Good Bookr version 1.2neo
Download The Good Bookr version 1.1
Download The Good Bookr version 1.0
Download additional translations
Download the source code
The Good Bookr is a Bible reader for the Sony PSP, based on the
open source Bookr ebook reader.
Unlike other Bible releases for the PSP, The Good Bookr is a
standalone compiled program, not a set of images or web pages.
This is because a major goal of The Good Bookr is to provide
a robust search interface which lends itself to Bible study.
The Good Bookr uses SQLite to store, search, and retrieve Bible
texts. It also uses Danzeff OSK for the search interface.
- Load a specific book, from Genesis to Revelation.
- Search by keyword, chapter, or verse.
- Bookmark individual chapters and verses.
- Navigate via book and chapter.
- Configurable controls.
- Select font face and font size.
- Customize font and background colors.
- Rotate the text to read vertically.
Most of the controls are configurable. These are the defaults:
- Triangle - Open search menu
- Square - Previous chapter
- Circle - Next chapter
- Left Trigger - Previous book
- Right Trigger - Next book
- Up/Down - Scroll one line
- Left/Right - Scroll ten lines
- Select - Open bookmarks/options
- Start - Open main menu
Search controls are not configurable.
- Up/Down - Move through search history*
- Left/Right - Move text cursor
- Select - Cancel search
- Start - Accept search
* To remove a history item delete all the characters in a word and
press up, down, or start. The item will no longer appear in the list.
Search history is only stored for the session and will be cleared when
you quit The Good Bookr.
- Partial Word - A search for "kin" would match "kin", "king",
"skin", "walking" etc.
- Full Word - A search for "kin" would match only "kin".
- Chapter or Verse - A search for "7" will open chapter 7 of the current
book. A search for "10:5" will open chapter 10, verse 5 of the
current book. A search for "gen 5:7" will open Genesis chapter 5,
verse 7. For the latter, full book names or abbreviations are valid.
A list of acceptable book abbreviations is
provided at the end of this document.
The Good Bookr has only been tested on 3.52 M33-4.
- Copy the goodbookr folder to /PSP/GAME.
- Copy goodbookr/Bible and goodbookr/graphics to __SCE__goodbookr.
- Copy __SCE__goodbookr and %__SCE__goodbookr to /PSP/GAME.
Many thanks for the excellent work which made this possible:
The default Bible version packaged with the Good Bookr is the King James Version.
Other languages are provided here. Download, extract, and replace the original
Bible file with the one in the archive.
Note that Bookr does not support unicode, so characters with diacritical marks like the
umlaut (ä,ö,ü etc.) and the eñe have been converted to
their plain english equivalents.
There have been several requests for the NIV, NKJV, etc. Unfortunately these versions are more focused on making money than spreading the word of God. They are copyrighted and therefore cannot be made available.
- Remove Neo splash screen.
- Fix several bugs with Strong's Concordance integration.
- Add Tagalog Bible.
- Look up the original Greek and Hebrew words using Strong's Concordance.
- Cross reference Greek and Hebrew words.
- Search by book, chapter, or verse, with support for book abbreviations.
- Search history (similar to command line history.)
- Option to search entire Bible (can be slow, use accordingly.)
- Danzeff numeric pad modified to make searching for verses easier.
- Single search result opens directly instead of opening search menu.
The following case-insensitive abbreviations can be used when searching
by chapter, or verse.
- Genesis - Gen, Ge, Gn
- Exodus - Exod, Ex
- Leviticus - Lev, Lv
- Numbers - Num, Nu
- Deuteronomy - Deut, De, Dt
- Joshua - Josh, Js
- Judges - Judg, Jdg, Jg
- Ruth - Ru
- 1 Samuel - 1Sam, 1 Sam, 1 Sa, 1Sa, 1S
- 2 Samuel - 2Sam, 2 Sam, 2 Sa, 2Sa, 2S
- 1 Kings - 1Kn, 1 Kn, 1 Ki, 1Ki, 1K
- 2 Kings - 2Kn, 2 Kn, 2 Ki, 2Ki, 2K
- 1 Chronicles - 1Chr, 1 Chr, 1 Ch, 1Ch
- 2 Chronicles - 2Chr, 2 Chr, 2 Ch, 2Ch
- Ezra - Ezr
- Nehemiah - Neh, Ne
- Esther - Esth, Est, Es
- Job - Jb
- Psalms - Ps
- Proverbs - Prov, Pr, Pv
- Ecclesiastes - Eccl, Ecc, Ec
- Song of Solomon - Song, Sol, Sng, Sg, Ss
- Isaiah - Isa, Is, I
- Jeremiah - Jer, Je, Jr
- Lamentations - Lam, La, Lm, Lmt
- Ezekiel - Ezek, Eze, Ezk
- Daniel - Dan, Da, Dn
- Hosea - Hos, Ho, Hs
- Joel - Jl
- Amos - Am
- Obadiah - Obad, Obd, Ob
- Jonah - Jna, Ja
- Micah - Mic, Mi, Mc
- Nahum - Nah, Na
- Habakkuk - Hab, Hb, Hk
- Zephaniah - Zeph, Zep, Zp
- Haggai - Hag, Hg
- Zechariah - Zech, Zec, Zc
- Malachi - Mal, Ml
- Matthew - Matt, Mat, Mt, Mw
- Mark - Mar, Mk, Mr
- Luke - Lu, Lk
- John - Jo,Jn
- Acts - Ac
- Romans - Rom, Ro, Rm
- 1 Corinthians - 1Cor, 1 Cor
- 2 Corinthians - 2Cor, 2 Cor
- Galatians - Gal, Ga, Gl
- Ephesians - Eph, Eps, Ep
- Philippians - Phili, Phil, Ph, Pp
- Colossians - Col, Cls, Cl
- 1 Thessalonians - 1Thes, 1 Thes, 1The, 1 The, 1Th, 1 Th
- 2 Thessalonians - 2Thes, 2 Thes, 2The, 2 The, 2Th, 2 Th
- 1 Timothy - 1Tim, 1 Tim, 1Ti, 1 Ti, 1Tm, 1 Tm
- 2 Timothy - 2Tim, 2 Tim, 2Ti, 2 Ti, 2Tm, 2 Tm
- Titus - Tit, Tt, Ts
- Philemon - Phm, Pl
- Hebrews - Heb, Hb, He
- James - Jas, Jam, Ja, Jm
- 1 Peter - 1Pe, 1 Pe, 1Pt, 1 Pt, 1P
- 2 Peter - 2Pe, 2 Pe, 2Pt, 2 Pt, 2P
- 1 John - 1Jn, 1 Jn, 1J
- 2 John - 2Jn, 2 Jn, 2J
- 3 John - 3Jn, 3 Jn, 3J
- Jude - Ju, Jd
- Revelation - Rev, Rvl, Rv